TENDER PREPARATION SERVICES
Tender Preparation and Evaluation is a vital task for any company upgrading or expanding their IT infrastructure. Without your requirements being accurately and concisely documented in an easy-to-read Request for Tender/Proposal, there is little chance that you will end up with a system that meets your requirements. Likewise, unless all responses are evaluated qualitatively and quantitatively according to carefully set out parameters, it will be impossible to choose the optimum solution. And as all of this additional work is going on, there are still the existing systems to maintain and develop.
This is why most companies employ outside assistance for any Tender Preparation and Evaluation that is required. Red Bridge Consulting can help here.
What services can we provide?
Red Bridge Consulting can provide the following services, at all times working closely with our client:
- Consultancy during requirements gathering stage to ensure that the system being requested actually meets all realistic requirements, and will be a cost-effective solution.
- Design and Preparation of the Request for Tender/Proposal/Information Document.
- Preparation of Vendor shortlist for distribution of the RFT.
- Co-ordination of Vendor presentations/demonstrations to the client, and preparation of post-presentation review document.
- Qualitative and quantitative evaluation of responses, and preparation of recommendation to Senior Management.
Why outsource Tender Preparation and Evaluation?
There are many reasons for outsourcing your Tender workload, including:
- Tender Preparation and Evaluation requires significant additional manpower, and many IT Departments do not have the capacity to cope.
- Existing staff may not have the experience to manage the full RFT process, which includes requirements gathering, document preparation, development of evaluation procedures and presentation of evaluation results to senior management.
- Existing staff may not have the detailed understanding of how vendors operate, and how to 'interpret' responses accurately.
What benefits are derived from this?
The key benefits of outsourcing your Tender workload include:
- Our consultants will work closely with your IT Management and with the user departments, becoming part of your organisation for the duration of the project.
- Outsourcing minimises the additional strain on your existing IT department resources, thereby minimising disruption to existing procedures and systems.
- Our consultants have many years of experience of IT Tenders, and this experience will facilitate and expedite the complete process, minimising costs and delays, and maximising the benefits of swift systems selection for our clients.
- Regular reporting and defined escalation procedures ensures that the client is always aware of the current situation.
In summary, Red Bridge Consulting can manage and provide assistance with the full Tender process. We can also provide assistance with the implementation of the selected system. This includes project management and solution auditing, to ensure that the solution implemented by the vendor actually has all the features as stated in the vendor's response.